Saturday, 1 October 2011

The Plan

I'm a big fan of a local bar.  It's called Inspire, cleverly because it is in an old church spire.  They serve a large selection of beers from around the world, have a wonderful atmosphere and a great staff working the bar.  It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Because of Inspire I was introduced to Alexander Wines which is managed by the same people.

Last night after a particularly long week of work following a series of long weeks at work I realised it's been quite a while since I sat down with a really nice beer.  Coincidently I had my car with me so on the way home dropped by to pick up something cool refreshing and interesting.

It's a common saying that no plan survives contact with the enemy and the quest for a cool refreshing beer turned into a carrier bag of delight and the seed of an idea.  That idea is this blog which gives me a perfect excuse to drink more interesting beers.  If I manage to try everything in Inspire and Alexander Wines I'll sneak further afield but I don't think I'm in any real danger.