Saturday 8 October 2011

Bitter about Coventry?

I am not a big fan of bitters. I've tried a fair few and they are not typically not to my taste and this one only made it as far as my kitchen because it was local.

Urban Red (£2.25 - Alexander Wines

Made at Byatts Brewery in a Craft Brewery in Coventry on Lythalls Lane industrial estate. Urban Red is Byatts "Best Bitter" weighing in at 4.5% and will set you back about £2.25 in an off license.

Not being much of a bitter drinker I find it hard to give you great guidance on this one. It was reasonably drinkable and lacked an unpleasant after taste.

I've got another one of Byatt's beers waiting in the wings which is hopefully more to my personal preferences but, if you are a bitter fan, give it a try and let me know what you thought. I've got a feeling that this is a nice one for those with a compatible pallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment