Monday 4 June 2012

A little Italian flavour

Peroni Gran Reserva - 6.6%
So this last week I went to see Avenue Q again.  And before hand we went as a group to Pizza Express.  As I didn't want to fall asleep in the theatre and start snoring we didn't have any wine and I spotted this on the menu.

Peroni Gran Reserva this is Peroni's attempt to do something a little more special than their normal fare.  It is a richer amber than the classic Nasstro Azzuro and with it comes a better flavour.  It has a nice subtle malt which reminds me of the northern European beers like Leffe.

They only serve the smaller bottles and it is a little more than the base lager but it is worth the price increase.

It was quite a surprise to discover this on the menu and I'm glad I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment